5 Reasons to Migrate from Microsoft Office to Office 365
There’s a common misconception that Microsoft Office 365 is just Microsoft Office. While Microsoft Office is at the heart of the solution, it’s only the tip of the spear. In fact, call it what you wish, it’s the Swiss Army knife for your business.
The solution actually has major components that can be used for businesses of all sizes. Let’s walk through the pieces together.
- Business Class Email: powered by Microsoft’s world class email solution, Exchange, you’ll gain email managed, secured, and hosted directly with Microsoft. More importantly, you can access your email anytime, anywhere, and on any device (device agnostic). Each user gets a minimum of 50GB mailboxes while maintaining calendars, shared contacts, spam & malware protection.
- Online Meetings: imagine connecting with colleagues and clients via voice, video, or instant messaging anywhere in the world. This powerful asset, Skype for Business, has revolutionized how work gets done. It empowers your team to collaborate via screen share, has world class presentation abilities, and conduct meetings on the fly. If you are paying for other expensive solutions like Cisco WebEx or Citrix GoToMeeting, you can stop. It also seamlessly integrates with your email and calendar so that you can see when your team is available, busy, away, or in a meeting so that you can get the answers you need to make decisions quickly.
- Online document storage and file sharing: think of it as a file server in the cloud. Each person has 1TB of personal file storage via OneDrive for Business while the organization also has a shared file space via SharePoint. These documents can be accessed anytime, anywhere, and from almost any device with the ability to synchronize to your local device and the ability to work offline (for when you travel).
- Financially backed SLA: you will have peace of mind knowing that your services are available when you need them with a financially-backed 99.9% uptime service level agreement. Microsoft has gone through great lengths to make certain that privacy, compliance, and operational performance are top of mind. In fact, they have a Trust Center site dedicated to answering any questions your executive team may have.
- License only what you need: you have the ability to “pay as you go.” It’s simply a monthly (annual available as well) subscription that allows you to add/drop users on the fly. You avoid large up-front costs for new software, and hardware – switching from capital expense to an operating expense.
It must be expensive, or require a lot of hardware to make all this happen right? Simply put, NO. That’s the beauty of the solution, outside of an internet connection and a device to connect – there’s a very high probability that you’ve already invested in those components.
I almost forgot, yes – you will still give your users the ability to have Microsoft Office that is always up-to-date. In fact, they will have the ability to use it on multiple devices including their web browser. Empower your users to work within the same version of office across any device, anytime, and anywhere.
Do you notice a trend here?
Put your business in the “cloud first, mobile first” mentality and breathe some new life into your team.
Learn more about migrating to Microsoft Office 365 or: