Top 3 Reasons To Upgrade to Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3
On Thursday, April 10 2014, Microsoft officially launched the latest release of its flagship ERP solution: Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3. The new release brings significant new capabilities, both technical and functional. The General Availability (GA) release is scheduled for May, 2014.
Manufacturing with Microsoft Dynamics AX
Join us for a free executive briefing for manufacturers looking to better understand how software can assist with:
- Lowering Your Operational Costs;
- Enabling More Rapid Responses to Evolving Customer Demand;
- Improving Your Speed & Ability to Adjust to Changes in the Global Manufacturing Landscape.
Don’t miss this special event.
There are many reasons to upgrade to the new AX release, but here I will list my Top 3:
- New Functional Capabilities: Dynamics AX 2012 R3 introduces key new functionalities. Some of these functionalities are enhancements to existing modules, while others are packaged as new modules. I will not list all new features here, but I will highlight some key ones:
- Advanced Warehouse Management: including configurable put-away, cluster picking support, license plates, and out of the box support for handheld devices. This is a major module that bridges a gap in the functional coverage of previous AX releases.
- Transportation Management: this module introduces global enterprise transportation planning and execution capabilities.
- Demand Forecasting: this is a tool which will allow an organization to forecast demand based on historical data.
- Product Change Management: this manages product changes (Products, BOM, and Formulae) through a formal methodology with approvals and releases.
- eProcurment: this module improves decision making by defining evaluation criteria and scoring rules for RFPs and RFIs.
The significant new features also include modules around retail, vendor rebate, warranty management, eCommerce and others, and integration to Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- New Technical Capabilities: Several new technical features have been included in the release of AX 2012 R3, including:
- Master Data Management (MDM): MDM is a framework used to manage master data across multiple Dynamics AX instances. MDM supports full and incremental change synchronization and automatic conflict detection.
- Modern App Framework: this provides the technology to develop, manage, distribute and use modern apps. The R3 release of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 comes with several apps built in, including Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Timesheets, Expenses, POS, Approvals and more.
- Cloud Deployment: Microsoft Dynamics AX is now on the cloud. Microsoft Azure Deployment Portal for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 allows companies to utilize the power of Elastic IT to scale up or scale down the infrastructure as needed. Using Azure, companies can deploy any number of development or test environments, and reduce the time it takes to deploy a production environment from weeks to hours.
Even if your company is using another product from the Dynamics family (like GP, NAV or SL), Microsoft offers you Transition Investment Credits to switch your license investment to Dynamics AX 2012 R3. There are many more reasons to upgrade to Dynamics AX 2012 R3, but I just wanted to highlight some key areas of interest.
Upgrade to Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3
If you are thinking about an upgrade, please let me know and we will discuss ways to help.
Get An Upgrade Quote
– Software Delivered as Promised. No Surprises.