June 2011 Construction & Real Estate Newsletter
Rand Group thanks you for subscribing to our Construction and Real Estate Newsletter. We hope you find the information useful and informative. We offer free webinars to help you leverage your business. Please view our Webinar Topics below and join us! If you have any questions or suggestions for future webinar topics, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
FREE Upcoming Webinars from Rand Group
Rand Group is hosting a series of FREE webinars for our clients. Learn how you can maximize your investment and increase your knowledge to quickly solve daily business challenges with Sage Timberline Office.
Be sure to check out our events section, for added webinars.
Upcoming Topics Include:
- Estimating Basics Overview from Rand Group – Winning bids is the key to keeping your project backlog healthy. But you want to win the right bids, the ones you can count on to be profitable. Your keys to success are having accurate estimates that you can trust will result in profitable jobs and being able to quickly produce estimates so you can bid on multiple jobs at one time. Our Estimating Basics session will give you a high level taste of the Estimating module and how it can assist you in building your business.
Come learn how to take advantage of the power of Sage Timberline Office to make your estimating process more efficient.
June 30th Web Session 10:30 AM CST Register Now
- Project Management – Change Management Overview from Rand Group – Easily control the change management process by quickly identifying potential change orders, soliciting quotes, and pricing. You’re able to record all the details, such as when quotes are due and from whom, using a familiar-looking pricing worksheet grid. Then, pending change requests and/or commitment change orders can be approved (security permitting) and passed on to accounting. The generation of commitment change orders is quick and easy as many fields are pre-filled from information in original commitments or change requests. And, best of all, project information is kept current and up-to-the-minute.
June 30th Web Session 1:30 PM CST Register Now
- Significantly Increase Reporting Speed with SQL Replication with Timberline Add-on from Anterra Technology – Join us for a free online webinar that will show you how anterraDataCenter merges an unlimited number of Sage Timberline Office data folders into a single Microsoft SQL data warehouse. This increases the speed of your reports significantly, allows you to report across all of your data folders and lets you archive your data to improve system performance.
June 22nd Web Session 1:30 PM CST Register Now
- SharePoint Business Intelligence for Construction and Real Estate with Timberline Add-on from Anterra Technology – Join us for a free online webinar that will show you how business intelligence works. Topics include business intelligence concepts, dashboards, scorecards, drill through reports and an explanation of the underlying technology.
We’ll also give an introduction to best practices for business intelligence to help you gain insight into your business operations.
June 22nd Web Session 10:30 AM CST Register Now
- hh2 Web Services Add-On for Timberline – hh2 Remote Payroll & hh2 Field Reports – hh2 Remote Payroll streamlines and automates gathering, approving, and reporting job-cost payroll data from remote job sites while syncing seamlessly with Sage Timberline Office or Sage Timberline Enterprise. Time submission and approvals happen at the click of a button and automated tools make it easy to create labor reports. Join us to learn more on Customizable Timecards, Customizable Approval Paths, Employee Time, and much, much more….
Are you recording all of your vital daily field information on paper logs? Take advantage of the simplicity and organization that hh2 Field Reports will bring to your field processes. Collect and organize field information with ease and allow searching and reporting anytime, anywhere. Join us to learn more on Exporting to PDF or Excel, Create Custom Forms, Document Safety Concerns, Attach Photos and Digital Voice Recordings, Job Cost and Project Management Reports amongst other topics.
June 28th Web Session 10:30 AM CST Register Now July 21st Web Session 1:30 PM CST Register Now
- hh2 Web Services Add-On for Timberline – hh2 Human Resources – hh2 Human Resources helps keep all your vital employee information in one central location. Reduce the amount of time spent managing HR tasks through a convenient interface that is accessible anywhere, even on your mobile devices. With applications built for the iPhone and iPad, you can bring an extreme efficiency to all your HR processes. JOin us to learn more on topics such as, Secure Online Human Resource Management, Employee Records, Enterprise Management, Safety Program Management, Employment Center, Job and Crew Dashboard, and Mobile App Solutions developed for the iPhone and iPad.
June 28th Web Session 1:30 PM CST Register Now
- Document Management Overview from Rand Group – Document Management is an electronic document classification, storage, retrieval and routing system developed to run directly from within Sage Timberline Office. With Document Management, you’ll quickly experience increased efficiencies through improved storage and document access capabilities. As a result, you will be able to effectively put your hands on information in a matter of seconds rather than hours or days, thus, eliminating the time-consuming “hunt” for misplaced or misfiled documents.
July 19th Web Session 10:30 AM CST Register Now
- hh2 Web Services Add-On for Timberline – hh2 Field Services for Timberline Enterprise – With hh2 Field Service, your technicians are always in touch. Your dispatch employees use Sage Timberline Enterprise (STE) to keep all incoming work orders keyed in and scheduled. The moment they save a work order, it is instantly available to technicians in the field. Technicians can use built-in mapping and GPS to choose the most efficient route. They can update trip statuses, notes, tasks and activities on the work order in real-time. Dispatch receives constant updates from the field and can see where all their technicians are on a map in real-time. The entire process is paperless, drastically accelerating the time to invoice.
Join us to learn more on Real-time sync with Sage Timberline Enterprise, Web interface available for laptops and netbooks, Track current GPS coordinates of technicians, Historical GPS reports available on-demand, Mapping and Directions, Paperless Process, and Mobile App Solutions developed for the iPad.
July 21st Web Session 10:30 AM CST Register Now
- Sage Timberline Enterprise Overview from Rand Group – You might have heard about Timberline’s newest suite of software, Sage Timberline Enterprise. The initial release of Enterprise is targeted at service and specialty contractors. Future versions will be targeted at other markets that Timberline addresses, such as General Contractors, Developers, Real Estate, Home Builders and Highway Heavy. Timberline Enterprise is based on .Net and SQL technologies and is meant to position Timberline Enterprise not as a replacement for your existing Timberline Office software, but as a new technology that allows those of you that need a more robust technical solution an alternative and growth path for the future. During this 45 minute webinar we will provide a high level overview of the strengths of Timberline Enterprise.
July 26th Web Session 10:30 AM CST Register Now
SAGE SUMMIT 2011
Final opportunity to register online for Sage Summit 2011!
Sage Summit is quickly approaching. Don’t miss this opportunity to learn skills that will help save time by using your Sage solution to its full potential. It’s the annual conference for Sage customers, taking place July 12-15, 2011 on the banks of the Potomac outside Washington, DC.
Sage Summit is packed with a wealth of content that will enable you to gain a more complete understanding of your Sage solution’s capabilities and how to use and apply them. This is an event that starts delivering value from the moment you arrive. Key takeaways include:
- Concrete knowledge and skills to help take full advantage of your Sage solutions
- Valuable information and real-world experiences from other Sage software users
- Expert answers to specific product questions you?ve been wrestling with
- Trends, insight, and guidance from thought leaders in your industry
- Product roadmaps highlighting new features and enhancements
Rand Group is pleased to offer our clients a special discount code, which you can use to SAVE $200.00 on your Sage Summit registration. Enter PTOC10 when you are prompted for a discount code. Then enter Rand Group when asked to provide your business partner company name. (Please note: Code may not be combined with other discounts or promotions.)
June Tips and Tricks
Encountering issues simiilar to the items below? Check out the solutions. If your problem persists, contact us at 866.714.8615 to assist you!
Issue #1: How do I give users access to a task in Sage Timberline Office?
Solution: Assigning tasks to roles in Security Administration (Sage Timberline Office version 9.5.x and higher)
These instructions are intended to assist Sage Timberline Office Security Administrators with modifying an existing security setup. If you are setting up security for the first time, you will need additional instructions regarding planning and setup of Sage Timberline Office Security.
In versions 9.5.x and later, Sage Timberline Office security allows access based on roles. Follow the steps below to add a task to a role.
Note:Only Security Administrators have permission to modify roles.
- In Sage Desktop, from the Tools menu, select Security Administration.
- Select Role Setup and select the role that applies to the task.
- On the Users tab, verify that the appropriate users are assigned to the role. If you need to add a user, click [Add].
- On the Tasks tab, select the Sage Timberline Office tasks that apply to this role.
- Click [Save]
Note: For changes to take effect, users will need to close all Sage Timberline Office applications and log back in.
For more information on security in 9.5, refer to the Security Guide.pdf file located on the CD or in the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sage\Timberline Office\Accounting\Wininst\Documents folder.
Issue #2: How do I restrict operators from accessing specific Sage Timberline Office Desktop home page designs?
Solution: Use network security to restrict read access to the home page
In Sage Timberline Office CD 9.2.0 or later, you can set up Sage Timberline security to enable or disable access to specific menu options. However, if you want to restrict specific home page report designs, use Windows network security to restrict read access to the specific home page design files.
Typically, these files are located at X:\Program Files\Timberline Office\Documents\Desktop\Home Pages (where X:\ represents the network location of your Sage Timberline files). Contact your system administrator for assistance with setting up Windows network security.
Issue #3: Can I use Sage Timberline Office with Microsoft Windows Vista?
Solution:Using Sage Timberline Office with Microsoft Windows Vista
Sage Timberline Office versions 9.5 and later are compatible with Vista 32bit Business Edition. Version 9.6 and later is compatible with Vista 32bit or 64bit Business Edition.
Sage Timberline Office versions 9.4.x and earlier are not compatible with Microsoft Windows Vista. If possible, use Microsoft Windows XP Professional for 9.4.x and earlier versions of Sage Timberline Office.
You can use Microsoft Terminal Services to access Sage Timberline Office from workstations with Microsoft Windows Vista installed. Microsoft recommends the use of Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 to provide compatibility support for mission critical applications which are not yet compatible with Windows Vista. However, Sage Timberline Office is not supported on this solution and so we do not recommend it for Vista compatibility. For additional information on how to configure and use Terminal Services with Sage Timberline Office please contact us for more information.
Issue #4: How do I start Sage Timberline Office Desktop?
Solution:Start Sage Timberline Office Desktop from the Windows Start menu
You can start Sage Timberline Office Desktop from the Windows Start menu (Start > Programs > Timberline Office > Desktop).
Issue #5: Where are my Service Mangement reports located after I upgrade to Sage Timberline Office 9.5?
Solution: Sage Timberline Office folders have been moved to be compliant with User Account Control (UAC)
The default Service Management reports are now located at :X:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sage\Timberline Office\9.5\Accounting\Report\Service Management
(X: represents the local drive where Sage Timberline Office was installed).
Custom reports are now located at:X:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sage\Timberline Office\9.5\Accounting\Report\Service Management\Custom
(X: represents the local drive where Sage Timberline Office was installed).
Refer to the Technical System Reference guide located in your Documents folder for further information about UAC compliance.
Sage Upcoming Promotions
Sage 0% Pay-As-You-Grow Financing Offer for New and Existing Clients – For a limited time, you can get the Sage Timberline Office applications and user licenses you need to grow and preserve your cash for emergencies or other opportunities with Pay-As-You-Grow!
Get the technology your business needs and the flexibility and affordability you deserve with our Pay-As-You-Grow 24 month, 0% interest financing offer. There’s never been a better time to increase efficiency, maintain your competitive edge, AND keep your cash flow and budgets on target. Offer Expires June 24, 2011.
Sage Summit July 12-15, 2011 Conference Special – Only available to attendees during the conference.
- Purchase 4 or more additional modules or user licenses and receive a 30% discount.
- Purchase 3 additional modules or user licenses and receive a 20% discount.
- Purchase 2 additional modules or user licenses and receive a 15% discount.
Sage CRE Forms – Have you ordered your checks and envelopes from Sage CRE Forms? Save 40% on your initial order of check and envelopes!
Use Promo Code: CP2011. Offer Expires September 03, 2011. Order Today!
Please contact Kerrie Schupp at email@example.com or 866.714.8422 for full promotion details and quotes.
– Software Delivered as Promised. No Surprises.