Making an Investment in MFAH’s Infrastructure
Rand Group continues to support MFAH behind the scenes focusing on maximizing technology to best help MFAH optimize their resources, better manage costs, and enhance productivity all around. After assessing the Museum’s business requirements, Rand Group worked with the MFAH team to implement two solutions best suited to their needs: Microsoft Dynamics AX and BI360.
Creating a Foundation With Dynamics AX
Microsoft Dynamics AX is a robust enterprise resource planning (ERP) system that equips MFAH with functionality to manage their entire operations, including: project management and accounting, budgeting, fixed assets, general ledger, accounts payable, procurement, and travel and expense management. For MFAH, the benefits of using Dynamics AX to manage their financial operations and streamline their business processes results in:
- Improved cost management with budget control on source documents, GL account and financial dimensions, and monitoring of available budget funds for planned and actual purchases and expenditures
- Better fixed asset and cost control by enabling Purchasing, Accounts Payable and expense management workflows and approvals
- Enhanced project cost control where MFAH can determine whether the project is on track, over budget, or under budget
- Greater travel and expense management with integrated workflow, imported credit card transactions, tracking of money spent by employees, and automated reimbursement of travel expenses
Adding Color to the Canvas with Business Intelligence
As a not-for-profit, MFAH has highly sophisticated reporting and budgeting requirements. In addition to Dynamics AX, Rand Group identified the need to implement a powerful business intelligence solution, BI360. For MFAH, BI360 allows the company to:
- Enable full organizational view of all employee data, including HR and General Ledger
- Track and compares prospective budgets
- Integrate payroll system into BI360 with current accounting system
- Accurately forecast future periods and record against actuals
- Create Excel-based reports
- Offer permission-based reporting workflows and the ability to segment user access by department or Executive access
- Provide drill down capabilities to transactional level data in reports
- Plan around positions as opposed to people
Supporting the Arts
We believe strongly that art enriches our community and enhances an individual’s quality of life. Art encourages reflection, introspection, and the contemplation of the possible. We began supporting the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston (MFAH) almost 10 years ago. MFAH has one of the most active exhibition programs in the U.S, which Rand Group has regularly supported throughout the years with exhibition sponsorships both large and small. We are very proud to continue that support today through sponsorship of the recent summer exhibition Pipilotti Rist: Pixel Forest and Worry Will Vanish.
For a full list of MFAH’s current and upcoming exhibits, visit www.mfah.org/exhibitions.
– Software Delivered as Promised. No Surprises.