Laying the Foundation for Success
Our UpFront ERP Implementation Methodology has been developed through extensive project work, and is predicated on years of industry experience. This 5-phased ERP & CRM implementation methodology ensures unbiased software selection, effective interface design, and seamless solution building and deployment. It is the foundation on which we build every successful project.
Rand Group’s UpFront ERP Implementation Methodology
Every project starts with an UpFront Assessment, because the only way to effectively decide which approach to use, is to understand what we’re dealing with from the start. With a clear picture of your current state and goals, we’re able to move into the next phase and make recommendations based on facts, offering clear, unbiased software solutions and business consulting for real world results.
At Rand Group, our ERP Implementation Methodology starts at the beginning, not the middle; it just makes good business sense.
The Design phase is a series of interviews, observations and workshops to establish system requirements and functional process usage. The key deliverables, though not the only deliverables, of this phase include the following:
- Functional Process Usage: This serves as the high level process guide for aligning parts of the system with specific objectives in each process area. For example, typical business cycle areas we will review include financial reporting, purchasing, payables, sales, cash management, production, job costing, quality, inventory, manufacturing, capacity planning, fixed assets, payroll, and human resources.
- Define Project Scope: This is where we define the scope of the project, including implementation phases, functional areas included in the project, and items which are out of scope. This phase reduces risk and eliminates surprises for both parties.
The Build phase includes creation of the test environment, test creation and execution, and conference pilots. Data conversion plans and tests are conducted in this phase of work. Key deliverables of this phase include the following:
- Technical Configuration Document: Describes and defines the technical environment.
- Data Conversion Plan and Test Document: Documents the data conversion plan, which includes reconciling procedures and responsibilities for pre and post conversion states. Data conversion tests are executed to validate planning assumptions.
- Test Case Plan Document: Includes all user test cases required to validate system functionality.
- Conference Pilots: The pilots provide illustrative system operation for the various business cycles configured in the software.
The Deployment phase includes all final training, user guide development, and deployment plan and data conversion. This phase includes:
- Training Plan Document: Provides the final end-user with training schedules and training cases.
- Environment Configuration Document: Provides guidance on which system components are in production for which reasons, who owns them, and how they are generally used.
No implementation is complete without support; we don’t just start at the beginning, we see you through to the end. Our Business Advantage Support Plans are designed to ensure you continue to get the most out of your solution. We’ve designed them with you in mind, so you can pick the level of support you need and feel confident that as your partner in business, Rand Group will always be there.
Rand Group delivers solutions that work, and we do so with precision. You get innovative solutions but controlled delivery, because no one likes surprises when it comes to their business management.