Uncertainty Doesn’t Deliver
As a savvy business professional, you know that it isn’t always rain or shine. There is nuance in everything, and with everyone talking nothing but cloud these days, you’re starting to wonder where it fits into your operational goals. You find the concept intriguing but the idea of actually making a move is causing you to hesitate.
Chances are you’ve heard an anecdotal story about someone losing their data in the cloud, or worse, someone having their confidential information stolen. Maybe you’re hesitating because it seems cloud is a relatively new concept, and you don’t want to fall victim to early adopter technology syndrome. Or maybe, you’re just worried about all the costs associated with reconfiguring your business to operate differently, and since your systems appear sufficient, you’re not sure why you would embark on a cloud migration project that seems more like making work than making money.
Whatever your reason for hesitation, it’s time to think more strategically and consider the upside of moving to the cloud.
The Cloud is for Everyone
The cloud is not a one size fits all solution. On the contrary, the cloud is designed to fit your business exclusively. That’s because it is completely customizable based on what you need.
- Are you a start-up or newer company, without a lot of working capital available to fund large equipment purchases and software licenses? The cloud allows you to benefit from technology normally reserved for larger, more established businesses, without paying the price.
- Are you planning a full-scale office or data center move, but lacking the physical space to house an abundance of equipment? With the cloud, little to none of your equipment is on-premise, which means you don’t have to store it, secure it, maintain it, or power it.
- Do you have multiple users spread across geographical locations? The cloud better enables people to work globally.
- Are you feeling the effects of economic contraction? The cloud can alleviate the pressures you face by reducing the fees and resources associated with managing your current datacenter(s) and eliminating concerns over aging hardware replacement.
- Is your current infrastructure underperforming? The cloud offers you the power you need to ensure everything in your organization is running optimally.
The Sky is the Limit
Whether you’re a new company looking at the best way to build your infrastructure, or an established firm simply looking for new ways to address old problems, the cloud can offer:
- Virtually unlimited computing power: leveraging cloud servers means access computing power not usually afforded to a small or medium sized business.
- Operating expenses: reduce the burden of budgeting for capital expenditures and enjoy the freedom to charge your infrastructure and applications costs much like you do with any utility.
- Scalability: increase traffic, add or reduce employee count, and manage multiple geographies and changing resources with flexibility and ease.
- Exceptional uptime: with over 99.99% uptime on Azure, you can enjoy the security of knowing your systems are always available.
- Freedom: cloud solutions are accessible anytime, from anywhere, using only an internet connection. That means you’re free to work whenever you want, wherever you want, and remote workers have improved access to their daily tasks.
- Confidence and security: with Microsoft’s Trust Center, you get answers to all your questions about the privacy and security of your data. With advanced security technology and cryptography, independent compliance audits, and access to detailed trust information available, you’ll never wonder if your data is really safe again.
- Reduced infrastructure needs: by putting your business in the cloud, you eliminate the need for expensive, cumbersome, onsite network hardware. Free the space, and save on energy consumption, while avoiding the issues of aging equipment.
- Pay as you go: pay for what you need, and nothing more. Shift requirements on the fly, power down during low transaction times and add or remove equipment as needed.
- Shorter deployments: with cloud, you can be up and running in a matter of days, not months. Without having to determine infrastructure requirements and order and configure hardware, you can simply turn the system on as soon as you’re ready.
- Better development opportunities: provide DevOps with their own sandboxes and allow them access to the latest and greatest platforms on which to develop IP.
- Business application ready: critical business applications are becoming empowered in the cloud. Rand Group is fully versed in implementing and supporting cloud business applications such as Microsoft Dynamics AX, Dynamics NAV, Dynamics GP Cloud, and more.
You Need a Cloud Transition Plan
Whether you’re ready to migrate your entire infrastructure to the cloud, or just alleviate some of the pressures you feel by moving strategic items such as back-up and disaster recovery, productivity solutions such as Microsoft Office, or just your Exchange environment, the cloud has what you need. And once you’re in the cloud and reveling in the benefits and freedom, you can expand your cloud footprint. It’s that simple.
As Direct Cloud Solution provider, Rand Group is here to help guide your cloud strategy and put you in the cloud in a way that works best for your business. From all in to partly in, we’ve got the tools and expertise to ensure you’re making the best decisions for your business.
Don’t Let Your System Leave You Stranded
Did you know that an unmanaged ERP system leads to unexpected downtime? Downtime that costs up to $74,000 per hour. It also leads to slow response time and performance issues that negatively impacts the entire organization.Learn More