May 2011 Construction & Real Estate Newsletter
Rand Group thanks you for subscribing to our Construction and Real Estate Newsletter. We hope you find the information useful and informative. We offer free webinars to help you leverage your business. Please view our Webinar Topics below and join us! If you have any questions or suggestions for future webinar topics, please send them to email@example.com.
FREE Upcoming Webinars from Rand Group
Rand Group is hosting a series of FREE webinars for our clients. Learn how you can maximize your investment and increase your knowledge to quickly solve daily business challenges with Sage Timberline Office.
Be sure to check out our events section, for the announcement of our June webinar lineup.
May Topics Include:
- Save Time & Money Using Estimating to Job Cost Interface – Do you ever get tired of re-keying the same budget estimate numbers from Estimating into Job Cost? Have you ever spent all afternoon trying to find the one keystroke error that is keeping your new job estimate from balancing with your estimator’s budget? Is it a wrong cost code? Did I transpose two numbers or maybe even three while doing my manual entry?
Come learn how to take advantage of the power of Sage Timberline Office to make your job setup process more efficient.
May 17th Web Session 10:30 AM CST Register Now May 24th Web Session 1:30 PM CST Register Now
- Are you REALLY Done with Your Year-End? – April 15th is now a memory, and for many folks that means they are finally done with their year-end.
W2’s and 1099’s were printed in January, and filed with the IRS; the auditors have come and gone and now your financials are up to date. Year – End is done, right?
Have you considered archiving your data to reduce time spent conditioning your inquires and reports to minimize the time spent sifting volumes of data? Join us as we explore when and how to archive your data.
May 19th Web Session 10:30 AM CST Register Now
- Make It Personal with the Sage Desktop – Sage Timberline Office Desktop is the centerpiece of Sage Timberline Office. From Sage Timberline Office Desktop, you can open Sage Timberline Office applications, third-party applications, files, and web pages. You can also open individual Sage Timberline Office tasks without opening their associated applications, minimizing your keystrokes when locating a favorite report.
This session will help you understand the components of the Sage Timberline Office Desktop window, how to start tasks from Sage Timberline Office Desktop and much, much more.
May 17th Web Session 1:30 PM CST Register Now May 24th Web Session 10:30 AM CST Register Now
- Reduce Overhead and Costly Overruns with MyAssistant – Our customers frequently ask us how other Sage Timberline Office customers are addressing common business needs. For example, how are Timberline Office customers going paperless with electronic Direct Deposit pay stubs amd auditing the information in Sage Timberline Office to help ensure correct reports.
Many Sage Timberline Office customers use MyAssistant software to automate the above and many other tasks.
May 19th Web Session 1:30 PM CST Register Now May 26th Web Session 10:30 AM CST Register Now
- Automate the AP Routing and Approval Process – It’s now so easy to stay on top of the approval process and never lose track of invoices on approver’s desks.
TimberScan is a paperless A/P approval system designed specifically for Timberline. It will automatically route invoices to the right approver based on your business rules. It’s easy to use and quick to implement and it provides exceptional reporting. TimberScan can greatly improve your efficiency and productivity.
May 26th Web Session 1:30 PM CST Register Now
- Significantly Increase Reporting Speed with SQL Replication – Join us for a free online webinar that will show you how anterraDataCenter merges an unlimited number of Sage Timberline Office data folders into a single Microsoft SQL data warehouse. This increases the speed of your reports significantly, allows you to report across all of your data folders and lets you archive your data to improve system performance.
May 23rd Web Session 10:30 AM CST Register Now
- SharePoint Business Intelligence for Construction and Real Estate – Join us for a free online webinar that will show you how business intelligence works. Topics include business intelligence concepts, dashboards, scorecards, drill through reports and an explanation of the underlying technology.
We’ll also give an introduction to best practices for business intelligence to help you gain insight into your business operations.
May 23rd Web Session 1:30 PM CST Register Now
SAGE SUMMIT 2011
There is still time to SAVE on registration fees!
No matter how long you’ve been using your Sage solution, you can do more and you can learn more. That’s what Sage Summit is all about. It’s the annual conference for Sage customers, taking place July 12-15, 2011 on the banks of the Potomac outside Washington, DC.
Sage Summit is packed with a wealth of content that will enable you to gain a more complete understanding of your Sage solution’s capabilities and how to use and apply them. This is an event that starts delivering value from the moment you arrive. Key takeaways include:
- Concrete knowledge and skills to help take full advantage of your Sage solutions
- Valuable information and real-world experiences from other Sage software users
- Expert answers to specific product questions you?ve been wrestling with
- Trends, insight, and guidance from thought leaders in your industry
- Product roadmaps highlighting new features and enhancements
Rand Group is pleased to offer our clients a special discount code, which you can use to SAVE $200.00 on your Sage Summit registration. Enter PTOC10 when you are prompted for a discount code. Then enter Rand Group when asked to provide your business partner company name. (Please note: Code may not be combined with other discounts or promotions.)
May Tips and Tricks
Encountering issues simiilar to the items below? Check out the solutions. If your problem persists, contact us at 866.714.8615 to assist you!
Issue #1: Payments from the Property Management import file do not import
Solution:Common import payment issues
- The tenant is set to “Accept cash only” (Setup > Tenants > General – Controls tab). When the import file contains valid payments as well as a payment to a cash only tenant, the background tasks complete as normal and the journal prints a rejection: Tenant “Name” can only make cash payments.
- The date field is invalid. If the import file is a text file, confirm that the date is not in a closed accounting period. If the import file is a .csv file type, confirm that the field is formatted as a date field and that the period is open. Import files with invalid date fields cause the import to fail in the background tasks and print a 3819 error on the journal.
- The Import Payment process requires a unique Deposit ID for each import if you import multiple files on the same day. If the ID is not unique, the task may fail with “no entries created” message.
- The PM Settings does not have account assigned for the Open Credit Clearing account (File > Company Settings > PM Settings – GL Information tab). Imports fail with a 3819 error.
Issue #2: The Current Ledger and Year-to-date Ledger reports in General Ledger prints one column for Activity instead of a Debit column and a Credit column
Solution or Workaround: Adjust the report settings in GL settings
To print the activity in two columns:
- From the File menu, select Company Settings (or Data Folder Settings in 9.4 and earlier) > GL Settings > [Ledger Settings].
- Select the Activity tab.
- Under Print Activity, select Two columns.
- Click [OK] twice.
- The reports now print the activity in columns for Debits and Credits.
Issue #3: I cannot change the fields that I previously could with Audit Setup Activity
In versions 9.5 and later of Sage Timberline Office, you must be an application administrator and have Audit Setup Activity enabled in order to change the following fields:
- AP > File > Company Settings > AP Settings: Year end, (Government) Year End and Net to JC.
- AP > Tasks > Generate Recurring Invoices: Next Generation Date, Status, and Next Payment
- AP > Tools > Maintain Prefix Totals
- AR > File > Company Settings > AR Settings: Year end
- CM > Setup > Bank Accounts: AP Last Check, Bank Account Balance, Last Reconciled Date, Interest Only, Last Transaction, Open/Posted, Register Balance, Totals by GL, Unreconciled, PR Last Check, PR Last Direct Deposit
- CM > File > Company Settings > CM Settings: Year end
- EQ > File > Company Settings > EQ Settings: Default Prefix, GL Prefix, Period Size
- EQ > Setup > Equipment: All total fields previously allowed with Audit Setup Activity
- PM > Tasks > Manage Leases: Start, Term, Intended Move In, Intended Move Out, Lease Modification Date, Status
- PM > Tasks > Management Fees: Next Date, Processed Date
- PM > Setup > Tenants: Last Paid, Revenue Paid, Status
- CN > Contracts: Use PJ Change Management
- CN > File > Company Settings > CN Settings: Year End Date and Current Month
- JC > Setup > Jobs: All total fields previously allowed with Audit Setup Activity
- JC > File > Company Settings > JC Settings: Current Month, Period Size, Fiscal and Period End Date
- PJ > Setup > Jobs > Change Management tab: Use PJ Change Management
Sage Upcoming Promotions
Sage CRE Forms – Have you ordered your checks from Sage CRE Forms? May special only…save 50% on your first order of companion envelopes! Use Promo Code: ENV2011. Offer Expires May 31, 2011. Order Today!
Sage 0% Pay-As-You-Grow Financing Offer – For a limited time, you can get the Sage Timberline Office applications and user licenses you need to grow and preserve your cash for emergencies or other opportunities with Pay-As-You-Grow!
Get the technology your business needs and the flexibility and affordability you deserve with our Pay-As-You-Grow 24 month, 0% interest financing offer. There’s never been a better time to increase efficiency, maintain your competitive edge, AND keep your cash flow and budgets on target. Offer Expires June 24, 2011.
Sage Summit July 12-15, 2011 Conference Special – Only available to attendees during the conference.
- Purchase 4 or more additional modules or user licenses and receive a 30% discount.
- Purchase 3 additional modules or user licenses and receive a 20% discount.
- Purchase 2 additional modules or user licenses and receive a 15% discount.
Please contact Kerrie Schupp at firstname.lastname@example.org or 866.714.8422 for full promotion details and quotes.
– Software Delivered as Promised. No Surprises.